Location: Applicants from anywhere in B.C. may apply. The selected candidate will work from their own home and must have reliable computer and Internet access.
Reports to: Managing Director, SHIFT Collaborative
Start Date: June 2022
Position Type: 1-year contract (with intention to extend) based on average of 1 day/week
Application Period: Applications will be accepted until May 20, 2022
This is a contract role to support SHIFT Collaborative to develop and implement key communications strategies via our website and social media, and work with the team to uncover key themes, messages, and stories from our project work. This role with help us share these stories with our networks, partners, and communities. The successful candidate will be expected to provide their own workspace and equipment (incl. computer, phone, internet).
The successful candidate will be a highly organized individual with strong writing skills and a knack for crafting key messages and stories that communicate impact. You are a self-starter, organized, resourceful, and can think critically and strategically. You like being part of a team but are comfortable taking the lead on projects and working independently. And, most importantly, you have an interest in working for social and environmental change and a gift for creating clear, compelling communications strategies and products.
The first 3 months of the contract (June – August) would be 2 days/week as the successful candidate will work more intensively with the team on supporting the development of a five-year impact report and refreshing the co-op’s website. The remainder of the contract would be 1 day/week.
- Work with the team to identify key messages, audiences, and specific communications strategies and channels (e.g., newsletter, website, social media) to share our portfolio of work and communicate impact of projects;
- Collaborate with the Co-op Manager to establish communications timelines;
Website and Social Media
- Provide strategic direction on SHIFT’s website organization;
- Write and manage content for SHIFT’s website, social media channels, newsletters, and blogs (with support from the team);
- Actively manage SHIFT’s social media;
Annual Impact Report
- As time allows, collaborate with the team to support the development of an annual impact report for the co-op, highlighting key projects, stories, and outcomes of the work.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, until May 20, 2022. If you are interested and qualified, please submit a cover letter (max 1 page) and resume by email to: Kerri Klein: email@example.com.
Feel free to share work you have done in the past that aligns with this position. Show us the great work you have done!